Why would the number of bitcoin mined change?
Why am I mining less bitcoin compared to 2 weeks ago?
My mined bitcoin is different today
Error Message (if available):
Root Cause (if applicable):
Mined bitcoin is impacted by:
- Number of bitcoin transactions
- Hash Rate Share
- Mining pool configuration (and its fee)
- Network difficulty
Network difficulty itself is impacted by:
- Bitcoin supply
- Number of miners online
Network difficulty adjusts every 2016 blocks which equates to approximately 2 weeks. When network difficulty adjusts, the amount of bitcoin each miner mines would be affected.
All miners globally are affected by these factors proportionally with their hashpower.
Miners mine LESS bitcoin when:
- Supply of bitcoin reduces
- Hash rate share decreases
- Number of online miners increases
- Number of bitcoin transactions decreases
- Miner's fee decreases
- Mining pool charges more fees
- Network difficulty increases
Miners mine MORE bitcoin when:
- Hash rate share increases
- Number of online miners decreases
- Number of bitcoin transactions increases
- Miner's fee increases
- Mining pool charges less fees
- Network difficulty decreases
Network Difficult chart (provided by blockchain.com):
References (if applicable):