User noticed unauthorized login to their account from an unexpected location
Error Message (if available):
Root Cause (if applicable):
Clicking suspicious links
Reusing the same password on multiple sites
If you're concerned about unauthorized account access please change the password to your Advanced Mining Wallet account and email account. As a precaution, call your mobile provider immediately and request a PIN code lock for your SIM card.
For additional security best practices,
- Enable two-factor authentication to your email account (See instructions: Apple, Google, Yahoo, Mail.com).
- Avoid reusing passwords across different accounts; use unique passwords for each account.
- Carefully read all incoming email and text messages to determine authenticity; avoid clicking unknown links or file attachments.
- Secure all your devices with anti-virus and spyware software.
- Avoid installing 3rd party applications to any of your devices or linking 3rd party applications to any known online accounts. Audit all 3rd party applications connected to your social media, email, and mobile device accounts, here are a few links to common applications:
If you prefer, we have the ability to temporarily lock your Advanced Mining Wallet account to completely prevent any logins by Submitting A Request to our team.
Disclaimer: We're a Bitcoin mining company, not a security company. As such, these are general guidelines and only represent a starting point for end-users. These guidelines are provided as-is and should prevent most common attempts to compromise your account. We make no guarantees that these practices will secure you from all forms of attack. Securing your online assets starts and ends with you. Awareness and education are your responsibility as an online consumer.
Depending on the extent of your exposure you may need to perform a more comprehensive security audit tailored to your individual situation. Our technical support staff does not provide customized security consultations.
References (if applicable):
- Gmail: Protect your account with 2-Step Verification
- Yahoo: Add two-step verification for extra security
- Mail.com: Two-factor authentication
- Google 3rd Party Applications Audit
- Apple 3rd Party Applications Audit
- Microsoft 3rd Party Applications Audit
- Yahoo 3rd Party Applications Audit
- Facebook 3rd Party Applications Audit
- Twitter 3rd Party Applications Audit
- LinkedIn 3rd Party Applications Audit
- Instagram 3rd Party Applications Audit